Guarantee Terms and Conditions
Your Amica product is covered by guarantee for 24 months from the date of the original purchase. Please ensure you register your product and keep your receipt (proof of purchase) and serial number in a safe place. You can register your Amica product either online at www.amica-international.co.uk or by calling 01949 862 012 (UK) or online at www.amica.ie (Ireland). Should you discover a fault with your Amica appliance, no problem. Request a repair under guarantee by filling in the form on our contact us page, call on 01949 862 012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll send one of our expert technicians to repair your home or kitchen appliance, free of charge.
What is covered?
- Electrical and mechanical faults deriving from faulty materials, defective components or a manufacturing defect;
- Replacement functional parts;
- Labour costs of an approved Amica engineer.
Your Amica guarantee covers domestic use at a residential address and is subject to the following conditions:
- Transit / delivery damage or cold weather damage;
- Incorrect installation: Please ensure that your Amica appliance has been correctly and safely connected to mains supplied electricity, gas and water and drainage as appropriate and in accordance with the instruction manual;
- Gas appliances must be properly installed by a qualified Gas Safe (or BORD GAIS) installer. LPG conversions will be covered only if a copy of the necessary certification is provided at the time of registration by a qualified Gas Safe (or BORD GAIS) installer;
- We recommend that all electric cooking products, washing machines and dishwashers are installed by a qualified plumber / electrical appliance installer;
- Repair of, or interference with, the product by any person not authorised by the manufacturer to carry out service;
- Improper use or abuse;
- Accidental damage;
- Reversal of doors or door handles on cooling appliances;
- Repair or replacement of any cosmetic or consumable parts such as bulbs, plugs, fuses, cables, filters and attachments, control knobs, flaps, container lids, handles, glass and wire shelves, rubber hoses, plastic door shelves and any accessories for example oven baking trays and shelves. These include any parts which have become worn, discoloured or damaged, including damage by incorrect use or cleaning;
- Repair of the appliance due to the effects of a lack of cleaning such as dirt, mould, grease, spillages and odours or due to the effects of limescale;
- Any blockages to pump or filter in washing machines and dish washers;
- Punctured evaporators and lack of cleaning (eg. blocked gas jets);
- Any parts which are fitted to the product which are not original manufacturer’s parts;
- Operation at incorrect voltage;
- If no fault is found;
- Scratches and chips to hob surfaces caused by inappropriate use of cooking utensils;
- Noise, vibration or steam resulting in the operation of the appliance. This includes steam from washer, dryer, dishwasher and ovens, running of oven fans, drain pumps;
- Being used in a non-domestic environment, second hand, or those used by several people in communal areas;
- A service charge could be made if a fault is not a mechanical or electrical manufacturing fault.
- The manufacturer will not be held responsible for any damages resulting from inappropriate usage of the appliance;
- The guarantee is valid in the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland only;
- The guarantee is non-transferable and only relates to the original purchaser of this appliance;
- Where deemed necessary by Amica for an appliance to be exchanged within the guarantee period, the new appliance will be covered by the original guarantee period and will not be subject to a new guarantee;
- Amica reserve the right to inspect the appliance before exchange/replacement can take place;
- Amica disclaims any liability for consequential loss or damage;
- This guarantee does not in any way diminish your statutory or legal rights.