About this Privacy Notice
We provide this privacy notice to help you understand how we collect and use your personal information. It relates to the personal information we collect from trade customers, site visitors and end-user consumers of our products. If you are an applicant applying for a job at CDA we have a separate applicant privacy notice that you should read; for our own staff we have a separate internal privacy notice.
If you have any queries or concerns about this privacy notice, or how we process your personal information, please contact our Data Protection Officer:
By email: email@example.com
The Data Protection Officer
The CDA Group Ltd
We regularly review this privacy notice and may make changes from time to time. You should check this page occasionally to ensure that you are familiar with any changes. The reference of the current version you are reading is available at the bottom of this notice.
Who We Are
The organisation responsible for processing your personal information is The CDA Group Limited (CDA). This means that we are a data controller under the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as the GDPR). Our registration number with the Information Commissioner’s Office is Z4998550.
Our address is:
The CDA Group Ltd
CDA is a UK-based manufacturer of kitchen appliances, sinks and taps and is a subsidiary of the Amica Group based in Wronki, Poland.
In the UK CDA manufactures and distributes products under three brand names: CDA, Amica and Matrix.
Our Online Services
CDA operates three UK websites: cda.eu (also cda.co.uk), matrixappliances.co.uk, and amica-international.co.uk.
In Ireland, CDA operates amica-international.ie.
Where we provide links to external websites, this privacy notice does not cover how that organisation may handle your personal data and we are not responsible for their content. You should read their privacy notice for details of how they handle your personal data.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently. They also provide information to the owners of the site. Visit our cookies page to find out what cookies we use and why.
What Information We Collect About You
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Name and address
- Contact details including email address and phone number
- Images captured by CCTV
How We Collect Your Information
Most of the personal information we hold about you is that which we collect directly from you, for example when:
- You register your appliance for guarantee purposes
- You enter into a commercial agreement with us
- You request appliance servicing and repairs
- You arrange home delivery services
- You make a phone call into our aftercare or sales contact centres and the call is recorded
- You redeem sales promotions and gift claims, or enter competitions
- You place purchase orders for our products or services
- You make enquiries or raise concerns with us
- You contact us to report a problem or make a complaint
- You visit us in person and are recorded in CCTV images taken by cameras located around our sites and on our vehicles
- You visit our offices and check in at reception and login to our guest Wi-Fi system
Where Else We Obtain Your Information
Generally, we collect personal data from an individual but we may obtain it from other sources such as:
- Retailers who ask us to arrange delivery of products and services
- Our guarantee registration partners who share your information with us to facilitate efficient servicing and repairs
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal information for a number of different purposes as described here.
- Managing your account
- Processing orders and returns
- Producing operational information
- Administering appliance registrations and guarantees
- Administering and providing appliance servicing and repairs and recording the outcome of these
- Providing notices, certificates and work records relating to the goods and services we have provided
- Recording any legal / statutory notices we may have issued or supplied, including Gas Safe Certificates, Warning Notices, ‘At Risk’ notices and ‘Not to Current Standard’ labelling
- Recording CCTV images for security, fraud prevention, and to allow us to investigate incidents
- Managing visitors to our site and offices
- Controlling Internet content provided through our guest Wi-Fi
- Administering promotions, gift claims and competitions
- Administering problems and complaints
- Assessing financial and insurance risks, including by carrying out credit reference checks and credit scoring assessments
- Requesting product reviews
- Providing details of extended warranty
Our Legal Bases for Processing Your Information
There are a number of legal reasons that we process your data for. These are:
Contractual when we need the information to perform the contract for goods or services you have requested/ordered, including payment, delivery, etc.
Legal Obligation should we be legally required to process your information in relation to our supplying a product or service.
Legitimate Interest to enable us to:
- provide you with goods and services and manage your account and your relationship with us
- protect our financial position and provide appropriate levels of credit for our customers
- facilitate security, incident investigation and fraud prevention
Consent where you have given us consent to share your information with a third party.
Automated Decisions and Profiling
We do not use personal information for automated decision-making or profiling.
Who We Share Your Data With
Where relevant given the nature of the products and services provided to you, we may also share your information with the following categories of and specified third parties:
- Outsourced repair agents who carry out appliance repair and installation services on our behalf
- Partners who administer and deliver promotional goods and services that you sign up to
- Logistics, delivery and courier service providers who deliver products on our behalf
- Extended warranty providers when you have given us your consent to do so
- Reevoo, a product review provider, when you have given us your consent to do so
- Your information will also be processed within the systems of the Amica Group, our parent company
Processing Outside of the European Economic Area (EEA)
The personal information that we collect from you will not be transferred or processed outside of the EEA.
How Long Your Information Is Kept For
We will retain your personal information for a number of purposes as necessary to allow us to operate our business and deliver our services to our customers. We have a data retention policy that determines how long your personal information is retained by us.
- Appliance guarantee registration and service information we will keep for 10 years so that we could contact you if it became necessary for reasons connected with the safety of an appliance
- Call recordings are kept for 3 months to help us verify orders and confirm the details of conversations between our contact centre staff and our customers to help resolve any queries that may arise
- CCTV images, guest Wi-Fi access logs and visitor information we routinely keep for 30 days, but we may keep these for longer if we need to investigate an incident or crime
- Promotion and gift claim fulfilment information we will keep for 12 months to give us time to handle any queries that may arise
- Some financial information, for instance related to account management and order fulfilment, we are obligated by law to keep for 6 years
Any retention of personal data will be done in compliance with legal and regulatory obligations and within industry standards.
You have the following rights relating to your personal information:
- To require that we cease processing your personal information if the processing is causing you damage or distress
- To require us not to send you marketing communications
- To require us to erase your personal information
- To withdraw the consent you have given us to process your information
- To require us to restrict or object to our data processing activities in relation to your personal data
- To receive from us the personal information we hold about you which you have provided to us, in a reasonable format specified by you, including for the purpose of you transmitting that personal information to another data controller
- To require us to correct the personal information we hold about you if it is incorrect
Please note that these rights may be limited by data protection and other legislation, and we may be entitled or obligated to refuse requests where exceptions apply.
If you would like to exercise any of the data privacy rights relating to your personal information that we hold, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the information provided at the top of this notice.
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal information you have the right to make a complaint to the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO): www.ico.org.uk. The ICO can also provide you with more information on your rights under data protection legislation.